March 20, 2020
At Preston & Malcom, P.C., our greatest priority is for the health and safety of our clients, our guests and our team. We are constantly and closely monitoring the ever-changing developments regarding COVID-19 through trusted and verified sources, and we have made both internal and external adjustments to better provide services to our clients, our guests and our community during these unprecedented and ever-changing times. As of today, while we remain open and ready to serve the needs of our clients and our guests, we have temporarily closed our lobby to the general public and are asking our entire team and clients to meet by way of telephone or video conference where possible.
As part of our commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, we are taking the following precautions, and we ask our guests (for the sake of themselves and others) to kindly abide as well.
Precautions We are Taking to Protect the Safety of Our Clients, Our Guests and Our Team:
- Social Distancing Protocols. Our team will follow all social distancing protocols by maintaining greater distance between ourselves and our guests.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing. All shared public spaces, including conference room tables and chairs, will be thoroughly sanitized immediately before and after all appointments and at the beginning and end of each day.
- Hand Washing. We kindly ask all guests to wash their hands upon arrival. We have signs placed directing guests to our restrooms.
- Immediate Assignment to Conference Rooms. When possible, all guests will be immediately seated in one of our conference rooms in order to limit unnecessary contact in our lobby area.
- Communal Items Removed. All communal items (snacks, candy, magazines, pens, etc.) have been removed from all communal areas.
- Continued Use of Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer and tissues are available throughout our office, including our conference rooms.
- Ensuring Health of our Team.
- Our team has been instructed to adhere to the CDC’s guidelines on preventing illness. Specifically, our team is frequently washing our hands, avoiding touching our faces and practicing respiratory etiquette.
- We have and will continue to encourage our team to prioritize their health and the health of others by remaining home if they (or others with whom they are or have come in contact) become ill.
- High-Risk Guests. If you intend to visit our office, please answer the following questions prior to arrival. If you answer yes to any of these questions, please contact our office in advance of any in-person meeting for alternative arrangements.
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from a cruise trip or any of the countries with travel restrictions from the CDC site in the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath in the last 14 days (symptoms can also include sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
Specific Real Estate Closings Procedures (in addition to the above procedures):
- Essential Signors Only. Only parties essential to the closing (i.e., essential signors) are to attend the closing. So that we may adhere to the CDC’s social distancing recommendations, only those individuals whose signatures are necessary and required for closing are to attend the closing, where possible. We are more than happy to accommodate any agent or loan officer who would like to join us via video conference.
- Photo IDs. Buyers and Sellers will be asked to take a photo of their government-issued identification and instructed to email it to the assigned closer.
- Separate Conference Rooms or Staggered Closings. Buyers and Sellers will be assigned separate conference rooms, where possible, or assigned staggered appointments in order to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All Doors to Remain Open. All doors to our conference rooms will remain open during closings so as to minimize contact with hard surfaces.
- Pens for Single Use Only. Blue ink pens will continue to be provided by Preston & Malcom for closings; however, pens will be single-use only. You are welcome to take the pen with you after closing.
- Alternative Arrangements for High-Risk Guests. For those guests who are considered high-risk, we are happy to make alternative arrangements in lieu of signing at our office.
Even in the midst of uncertainty and the importance of social distancing, we are fully equipped and prepared to assist you, whether through email, or telephone or video conference where possible.
As always, we sincerely thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you.